Saturday, October 31, 2009

Salatiga - the final countdown

Usually, on a Friday, I begin with a post that marks the passing of a week. Decided against that yesterday; thought it more appropriate to do that today, as from now on, every night will be the last night of its kind in Salatiga. Yesterday, I would have had two more Friday nights here. I like the symmetry of what I'm about to face. Tonight will be my last Saturday night. Sunday will be my last Sunday night. And so on. Seven more nights.

On the phone earlier with Leonie, who caught me at work (on a Saturday - I've got a couple of powerpoints to organise for next week), and she reminded me that I've got 24 more nights. We're all counting down, in our own ways. I'm focused on the shorter term! This time next week, the next stage of the journey will have begun: I'll be in Solo, only an hour away. Four nights there, then Banda Aceh. Then Jakarta. Then home.

No comments:

Post a Comment