Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday - 1 November


Had some ideas for a presentation I'm doing, so had to go to work on a Sunday to change some powerpoints. Caught the angkota and got dropped off near a road that's always attracted my attention because of the wall murals. With less than a week left in Salatiga, I've got to make good use of my time (though working on powerpoint slides on a Sunday hardly qualified as good use of time. I did sleep in, though).


The mural has been done by various crews, including one from Semarang. Environmental theme dominates.


Ronald "Murder" MacDonald is my favourite. The message says, "Love our oceans."


Sign indicating the main part of town.

Local police. They called me over and asked where I was going. Four against one, so naturally told the truth: "Ke kampus. Saya bekerja di sana sebagai dosen tamu" (To campus. I work there as a guest lecturer." Other questions followed. Police posts like these can be found everywhere in Indonesia.

Statue on campus, near the soccer field.

A path to the faculty building, the building impossible to see due to luxuriant growth.

The Language Teaching Centre, famous for its air-conditioning. And where Frances works.

Powerpoint slides done!

No comments:

Post a Comment