Sunday, October 18, 2009

iPod Jumat

White Shoes and the Couples Company - breezy and lite-jazz sounding Indonesian pop, easy listening, lovely vocals that could be put to use by Burt Bacarach.

Pavement - something from the first album; should have uploaded the second.

Hair Police - tests the threshold of listenability. Not one for general consumption at Higinbotham Street. Sounds like some drunks trapped inside a shipping container, using steel poles to bash their way out. Against this rhythm, an oxywelding splart, bells, sirens, and muzzled vocalising.

H. J. Zahara - a track from a wonderful Sublime Frequencies compilation of old Sumatran pop. Arabic in flavour, ululations, superb light-fingered drumming.

Stereolab - my nineties.

Supersilent - Norwegian improv jazz.

1 comment:

  1. Dad,
    Out of interest we (Mum and I) listened to 30 seconds of Hair Police.
    Thank you for not playing it on the big stereo. (No offence to Hair Police)
    Because I was looking for songs off the Boosh on iTunes, and they didn't have any, we got Cars by Gary Numan instead, which I put on after Hair Police. Yes, I am obsessed. I will send you a photo of my Zoo-niverse Vince jacket.

    Love Tallulah

    ReplyDelete