Friday, October 2, 2009

International Batik Day - Hari Batik Internasional

Dropped in to see Petrus, a colleague, to see whether I could observe his class on Cross-Cultural Understanding. Once we'd arranged a time, I complimented him on his amazing shirt. He replied that today was Hari Batik Internasional, which was why he and other staff members were wearing batik. Fantastic that my first week in Indonesia coincides with such a groovy day. And what was I wearing? A white shirt. On this of all days, a white shirt. Perhaps to emphasise my bule status! Not all staff were wearing batik - Christian Rudi, whose lesson I observed later that day, lupa (forgot). 4 of 37 students in his class marked the day. Otherwise, one would have thought it was International T-Shirt Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment