Friday, October 2, 2009

More iPod, relaxing after work Kamis

The mesjid has started up, so I'm heading into my world of sound.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - "Strange form of life", with its opening line "A strange form of life kicking through windows"

Ellen Allien - "Wish"

Heavy Blinkers - "Say there Honey" (42 seconds! We need more 42 second pop songs)

Sim Sisamouth - "Don't my girlfriend tickle me"

Judee Sill - "Down where the valleys are low"

Badria Anwar - "Ahis ras eddelil" - timely, as this is in Arabic, a beautiful song from a wonderful compilation of songs from Baghdad in the late 1920s.


Later that night, I listened to all of the Heavy Blinkers. Leonie, get it out of the cabinet and fall around to its glee-club giddiness! Impossible to resist an album whose final song, a homage to the Beach Boys and their wonderful singalong around the campfire artful studio "live" constructions, has the immortal lines: "I wanna hula hula hula hula with you, pretty darling . . ."


Phew, I wanna . . . but will have to wait until late November!

No comments:

Post a Comment