Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday - morning thoughts 16 Oct

Delaney, it's week 3, only another 5 weeks of sleeping with mum! From Leonie's email: "Lane is sleeping with me every night now. Man she's a kicker and shover. Amazing how much space a little body takes up!" In an earlier email, Leonie mentioned that Delaney was feeling sad because the old man wasn't around, and so took to sleeping in our bed. To be expected, I suppose, because of the way relationships in our family are sorted. A long time ago, I said to Leonie that Tallulah seemed to bond more strongly with me, and that Delaney seemed to bond more strongly with her. Leonie corrected me: it's Leonie/Tallulah and Stephen/Delaney. And she was right, of course, not for the first time. In a sense, the current Leonie/Delaney configuration is similar to the usual Leonie/Stephen configuration, displaced. By many kilometres.

Friday Freud
(1) "The dominion of the jest knows no bounds" (for Peter).
(2) "Forgetting is very often the execution of an intention of the unconscious." I have yet to explore why I forgot my vegemite in Jakarta. What did I intend by leaving it there? Forgoing Australian taste and symbolism? A desire for full immersion in the Indonesia experience? Suggestions on the back of a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment