Saturday, October 31, 2009

Surat datang! Mail arrives!

Phew, a big week for mail and, I expect, my last! After this week, I'm going to be hopping from one city to another, never in one place long enough to get mail. So if you got something to say, put it in an email! Returned home from work on Kamis (Thursday) and there was a package for me from 71 Higinbotham Street. Perfect contents: a Crows poster by Tallulah, with the Crow holding a Stephen rather than a Sherrin, and the latest issue of Wire. my monthly guide to all that's new in music. With the other magazine, I rationed it out. Not Wire. Sad to say, I gorged myself on articles and reviews, noting what to get. Look out, Leonie, for some CDs in the mail!

Then today, Sabtu (Saturday), another package, this time from 39 Cullen Street, Upper Watson. Letter from Linda, drawing of a game from Willem and assorted reading. Grabbed "Forum" first, avid for local news, then depressed to see that Rudd's sense of Christianity is paper thin and that, when it comes to refugees, he aspires to be like John Howard. Started to read The Big Issue instead of the news. Thanks for the package, Lin.

Comment added 1 Nov: forgot to mention that Wire had an article, quite timely, on "the new form of Javanese gamelan taking shape amid the big city din of Surakarta," aka Solo. I hope I get a chance to go to the Institute of Arts Indonesia and have a look around, maybe hear some students playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment