Friday, November 20, 2009

Jakarta - BINUS - Jumat 20 Nov

Into the bin! My last shave with lathering cream. Looking forward to shaving with foam when I get home. Joining the tube of lather, a tube of dencorub half-used. Into the sink! Shampoo and conditioner. Toiletries bag weighs too much and I've got to get rid of excess baggage (of the material, not emotional, kind) to make way (nearly typed "weigh"!) for DVDs, CDs, books, lollies, shirts, and other bits and pieces. Two packages (old shirts, books, magazines) are ready to be sent.

Body clock is preparing for Australia. That's the only reason I can think of for waking at 4am. Or I have a need to pray. Downstairs, at 6am, I'm less critical of the morning coffee.

Final lecture today: "Critical Thinking." Requested by the Lecturer Resource Centre. Have enjoyed my time at BINUS because I've been hanging around a centre similar to ASLC and I haven't had to meet with the rectors, who, thankfully, are unaware of my existence. The lecture and question time went really well. Active learning has been in the news. Recently, Presiden SBY urged that changes be made to the methods and culture of teaching and learning in Indonesia, as the country is not producing students who are active, creative, and willing to take risks, qualities, it has been argued in the press, common to entrepeneurs. Lecturers at BINUS talked about the difficulty of teaching students who embraced passive learning. They were interested to hear about the Introductory Academic Program that we run at ANU for international students. All the lectures I've done have involved microphones.

At the end of proceedings I was given a present: a corporate statue. This morning's culling has been for nought.

Qantas, really, 23 kilos! I've been away for 2 months! Collecting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment