Monday, November 9, 2009

Solo iPod and internet cafe Monday arvo

Business Centre at the Hotel is being renovated, so have to use internet cafe. At Ismail's university Ismail let me use his laptop, but the connection was slow and then the screen froze. Hence the flurry of posts, mainly to upload images.

One side of the cafe has lights, but not mine. The letters on the keyboard have vanished due to overuse, the only visible keys being Q, W, P, J, F, Z, X and V. I'm a reasonable touch typer, but the lack of light, combined with sticky keys, means that there's no way I can type with speed. Phew, you sigh, he can't write as much as he usually does!

Panas sekali di kota Solo. Should a hotel be judged by the quality of its towels or by the time it takes them to make a lime juice? This is what I reflected on in the hotel's cafe, mid-afternoon.

Upstairs, my first iPod session for two days. My right ear has a slight throb, so have given it a rest. Still there, faintly.
  1. Prefab Sprout - Carnival 2000. Their newest CD is out now, after a long wait, and it's on its way to Watson. So you can open the package of CDs, girls.
  2. The Free Design - Stay Another Season.
  3. . . . a song repeated from a couple of days ago. Skipped to
  4. Orange Juice - (To put it in a) Nutshell. Few popstars have the sartorial wit to try and popularise the racoonskin hat. Well done, Edwyn Collins (one day to be Sir Edwin).
  5. Ryan Driver - Oh the World Between us.
  6. Spunk - Ute (Norwegians, so likely to be pronounced differently).
My hour in the cafe is nearly up. More text will follow. Batik heaven.

Finished Freud! Time to repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Dad,

    Whoo hoo! A new Prefab Sprout CD! I can't wait for it to arrive!
    That news is timed right because I have been listening to the CD "Two Wheels Good" (I think that is what it is called) and Jordan the Comeback.
    I just touch-typed that sentence to see how I would go in that cafe. Reasonably, I only made a few mistakes.
    Definitely judge a hotel by the lime juice, that would be my top priority.

    Love,
    Tallulah

    ReplyDelete