Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First night sleep

Before going to bed, I took some medication on Dave and Linda's suggestion. My first Dolased. Based on what I'd been told, I was expecting a big night's sleep.

Who wants to rock the party at 4 in the morning? The local mesjid, which uses a very effective soundsystem to call people to prayer. Ordinarily, this sound is something I'd listen to on the stereo, but at a time more convenient to my needs! And maybe mixed by Brian Eno and David Byrne. Here, I soaked it up. At first, the call is very loud, and then it's followed by chanting and prayers. After 30 or so minutes, it subsides. Churlish to complain - I'm in an Islamic country, after all, and this is all part of the experience. Next night, though, I'll be prepared for it. While in Kabayoran Baru, I didn't notice the morning call to prayer; here, there's no missing it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephen,

    Just testing the comments. Good to see you give the Dolased a go. It has given me a number of less grumpy mornings.

    Cheers Dave

    ReplyDelete